“Being able to do the work you truly love, challenging yourself, and having the freedom to do it all on your own terms is a beautiful gift to give yourself.”
What I Do at AssistU
My role at AssistU can best be described as webmaster, I suppose, supporting all things website related.
I am a self-proclaimed creative geek. I started my business as a virtual assistant in 2007 after completing the AssistU training. Over the past 12 years, my business has evolved and I have happily landed in my passion — website design and support — the perfect marriage of my creative + geek mentality.
I am a super-chill, Maryland native, currently living in Frederick with my daughter and her calico, both of which are beautiful but a bit sassy.
You can learn more about my business, here: www.sandywiles.com
Quirky Things About Me
- I don’t watch scary movies. EVER. Seriously, NEVER. They completely freak me out and have me checking closets, showers, and under the bed for weeks.
- Yes, my name is Sandra Lee. I got tons of jokes during the Grease era. As much as I avoided using that name for many years (most people call me Sandy), I am growing into it and learning to love it.
- I love pajamas — all kinds of pajamas for all the seasons. But I do NOT work in pajamas.
- I sing in the car…loud. And there might be some dancing too.
- My niece calls me a hippy and it feels right. That is a big part of my super-chill personality.
What I Love Most About AssistU
I love the community. When you work from home, and most times alone, having a strong community is vital. The relationships built and the support you receive in the AssistU community is, without a doubt, one of the best I’ve ever experienced. Everything is based in support and love.